photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Our Price is Right Shirts are Complete!

With 8 days to go before the start of our road-trip, Joe and I are starting to get all of our ducks in a row. Meaning, he's doing boring things like scheduling car appointments and figuring out the cheapest most inexpensive place to buy new tires, and I'm doing fun things like designing our Price is Right shirts and perfecting our road trip binder.

**Side note** Thanks honey, our lives would not work without all of the effort you put in to the "boring stuff **End of side note**

I didn't have the best of luck with the iron on transfers (I think I left the heat on too long at parts, because the shirt has a weird tinge to it in some places... the perfectionist Kate wants to burn them, but they were the last in their size at Michaels and were on sale for $2.50, so the frugal Kate wins out). In theory I love iron on transfers, in reality they always betray me.

Anyway, drum-roll please....


I had to make sure to leave enough room for the name tag (which is why the design starts lower than it typically would on the shirt).

I also had to make sure I didn't use green shirts. Rumor has it, your chance of getting chosen lessens if you wear a green shirt because it blends in with the set and, therefore, doesn't show up as well on TV. Since we fully intend on having one of us make it to Contestants' Row, I'll take any rumors as fact (just in case).

Also, according to our friend Stacey(who made it on the show in the Bob Barker days and says that the prizes now are worlds better than the prizes when she was on), I should wear a flower in my hair. Stacey wore a flower, and every time we see a chick in the audience wearing a flower, that chick is also chosen. So I will now be on the hunt to find a cute flower/headband thingy. Boy, my chores for this road trip never end ;)

We will be going to Disneyland with Stacey the day before Price is Right. That will either be a huge mistake because I won't be able to walk and I'll have a Monte Cristo hangover, or a great idea because I'll still be high on the Disney magic.

My bet is that I'll still be high on the Disney magic, but will also probably look like Sebastian since I can't be in the sun without burning no matter how much sunscreen I apply.
This will be me high on Disney magic, but burned to a lovely Sebastian red





Follow me on Bloglovin' 

5 comments:

  1. Don't buy flowers! I'm going to bring some for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous that you get to go to Disneyland! Are you going to California Adventure as well? If so you have to ride the Little Mermaid ride for me! :) I hope you get to be a contestant on the show! What a fun memory!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup - we are definitely going to California Adventure :) We haven't yet seen Cars Land and my favorite ride is Tower of Terror and Joe's is California Screamin'. We're going to get 2 day Hopper passes and go with Stacey on Sunday and then go back on Wednesday. So excited! I'll be sure to go on the Little Mermaid. Have you been on it yet?

      Delete
  3. I love these shirt. I bought 2 different colors and I'm going to buy a couple more. It was exactly what I wanted and what I expected to get.


    http://www.apparelnbags.com/bella/810-ladies-8-oz-cotton-spandex-yoga-pant.htm

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :)