photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Beginnings

Well, hello there.

Remember me?

I'm the blogger who has abandoned blogging for 2 weeks. I'm also the dieter who has abandoned healthy eating and exercising for 2 weeks (fun fact: my diet was a mere 2 weeks old before put on pause, so I'm pretty sure I undid any progress).

Darn holidays.


But I am back and, in the spirit of new beginnings and resolutions, resolve to get back on the horse with both the blog and diet. I'm too afraid to weigh myself and assess the damage, so I'll probably hold off a week or so and give myself a chance to lose some of the holiday weight.

So what have I been up to besides pigging out and drinking myself silly?

Well, the Friday before Christmas Joe and I drove up to my parents' house (2 hours away) and we stayed there for Christmas. We had some great family get-togethers first at Joe's Aunt and Uncle's house Sunday for a Christmas lunch and then at my Grandma's that night for a Christmas dinner.

Monday was my birthday (yup, Christmas Eve baby here), so we did some fun things like target shooting (I am a wicked good shot - especially considering it was only my third time ever shooting a gun) and mini-golf. Although I didn't win mini-golf, I did get THREE holes in one (hole in ones? holes in ones?)!!!!

Christmas was great. I was really excited because I got this beauty from my parents:


*Side note* Joe and I signed up for photography lessons, so once I finish those you can expect many more photos on this blog :) *End of side note*

I had to work Wednesday - Friday, so it was back to reality for a few days. Then I got one more four day weekend. Yay!

This weekend has been very laid back. We had our first photography lesson Saturday morning and had some friends over for dinner that night. Besides that, we only left the apartment to see two movies (Les Mis and Django).

Today was particularly fun, as all I really did was lay in bed watching Gossip Girl (I am real late to that party. I watched the first episode the same day as the series finale last month). Netflix rated it a 4.9 out of 5 for me, and they were right on the money. I.am.addicted. Since copious amounts of alcohol have been enjoyed this weekend, poor Joe's been subjected to quite a few ramblings about Gossip Girl. Sorry hon!

On that topic, is it just me, or is Blake Lively completely annoying? Since I'm not a fan, I purposely didn't watch until now, but I'm glad the show is so fun I can get past her :)

Anyway, now that all two of my readers have been updated on my goings-on, I'll sign off.

Happy 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)