photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Another Change of Plans

I'm the ultimate planner. Every single thing in my life is analyzed, decided upon, plotted out, and executed. But what I have found on this road trip is how fun spontaneity can be. Deciding to stay in St. Louis an extra few days recovering from my cold felt great - not only was I able to spend more time with my in-laws, but I got to relax and make decisions based on how I felt, not what had been decided upon.

So after two full days in Virginia doing some super awesome (but ultimately, very tiring to my still recovering self) activities from my road trip binder, I felt freer than I typically would to call uncle. I was tired. I was getting grouchy. I didn't want to look at any more museums or historical sites. I didn't want to pay any more admissions. I didn't want to update my blog with summaries of what we had done. I just wanted to be home.

***Side note*** It helps that Virginia isn't too far from our new home. We'll have time to see these sights (and more) over the next four years, and I am sure I'll appreciate them a lot more when I'm not so burnt out! Plus, my family is visiting us later this month and we are doing lots of touristy stuff with them. I need time to recover from tourist-overload before they get here. ***End of side note***

We called our new landlord to see if we could bump up our move-in date from June 6 to ASAP and were told we could pick up our keys Monday afternoon (based on our move-in date they hadn't yet gotten our apartment ready from the previous tenants - which is totally understandable). Since we had about 48 hours to kill, we figured we'd end the trip with a bang, and drove from Charlottesville, VA to Atlantic City (a 6 hour drive).

So here we are. It's noon. I'm still in bed and plan to lay here a bit longer. Once I get my lazy self up and showered, we'll explore the boardwalk, maybe hit the beach, and then tonight we'll do some drinking, eating, and gambling.

I couldn't be happier with this decision.

And apparently, Atlantic City is always "happy":


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)