photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Friday, June 14, 2013

Date Night!

Joe and I received a lot of advice before getting married. One of the best things we were advised to do (by our instructors at our church engagement classes) was to go on a monthly date night. We started the tradition immediately, and haven't missed a month in the over 30 months since "passing" the class.

We don't always spend a lot of money, but we do always get out of the house. Usually it's dinner and a movie (we try to be careful with money, so we don't go out to eat or to movies very often, which makes it special), but sometimes it's something more unique like laser tag or Chuck E Cheese.

I highly advise any married couple to make a point to go on a date at least once a month (that, and to read The Five Love Languages). 

Last night we decided to do our June date night and went to an amazing Mexican restaurant nearby called Distrito. It's owned by Iron Chef Jose Garces, and will probably become our go-to place in the neighborhood. I kept it simple and had a couple of margaritas, a chicken enchilada, and a quesadilla (it's all small plates - I didn't have two entrees haha). Here's a picture of the enchilada from their website:

There is no picture of the quesadilla, but it was hands down the most delicious quesadilla ever. I felt lame ordering such a simple dish from a restaurant owned by an Iron Chef, but after one bite didn't mind how lame I looked. IT WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After dinner, we went to see The Hangover 3.

***Side Note*** Thursdays are $5 movies at the nearby theater, which the bargain shopper in me is insanely excited about (so excited, in fact, that I saw The Purge solo earlier in the day - Joe doesn't like scary movies). I love to go to the movies, but rarely do because I think they are too expensive, so I'm going to take serious advantage of these $5 Thursdays. ***End of Side Note***

Anyway, back to The Hangover 3. I heard a lot of people dissing on it, so I wasn't too excited about seeing it. But everything else was sold out or something we weren't even remotely interested in, so we gave it a shot. IT WAS SUPER FUNNY. No, it wasn't as good as the first, but it was still a good movie. I was literally lol'ing a lot (and I don't think it was the two margaritas, because I wasn't the only one literally lol'ing). Once again, I remembered that you need to just screw the critics. They don't know what people like. Critically acclaimed movies typically stink, and critical stinkers are usually awesome.

And my favorite character was in it!

Hint: my favorite character is NOT Heather Graham



Joe's review of the movie "I may be overselling it because people were so negative about it - but that was a really good movie. The only people who wouldn't like it are people who didn't like the first two, and if you didn't like the first two, why the F are you going to the third."

I think we'll start a weekly movie review on the ole' bloggity blog here... :)





Follow me on Bloglovin' 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)