photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Nice Try

Vacations are awful for the waistline. But the good thing about vacations (with regards to weight, at least) is that they usually aren't more than a week or two.

With the road trip, new city exploration, and my family visiting, I've been in vacation-mode for a solid 3 months.

So where does that leave me?

Busting out of my fat clothes.

Joe and I had the grand plan of doing Insanity once my family left and marked today as the day we'd start with the Fit Test. We bought the program, an extra mat for Joe, and I even created my own calendar since the calendar that comes with the program is pretty pathetic and definitely NOT cute.

Their manly and small calendar (pencil there for size comparison)

My cuter version. Everything is cuter in pink, grey, teal, and chevron. The photo was taken with my cell phone and in bad lighting, so unfortunately it's full cuteness cannot be grasped.

I also stocked up on healthy foods at the grocery store this morning.
Yea, I know microwavable diet meals are probably better described as "low-calorie" rather than "healthy" (since Lord knows what's really in them) but I need a little help right now and am taking baby steps here

We ate healthy, drank a ton of water, and mentally prepared ourselves all day for the Fit Test. At 3 p.m. we decked ourselves in our workout garb, laced up our sneakers, and pressed play.

At 3:05 p.m. we pressed stop.

For good.

Not because it was too hard. (Yes, it was hard. OMG were those 300 seconds hard. But I swear that's not why).

It was because our neighbors were going to think that there was a high magnitude earthquake hitting Philly (which would likely be quite frightening, since the largest earthquake recorded here was a 3.8 way back in 1973!!!).

Throughout all of this preparation we failed to consider the fact that our building is older than the Titanic and perhaps a combined 400+ pounds jumping up and down on the top floor may not bode well for its continued ability to stand.

Brian was sitting downstairs (our apartment is two levels, we figured sound would be no issue since we weren't doing the workout right above anyone) and ran up to tell us that the room was shaking and the pots and pans that we have hanging above the stove were banging together.

Brian didn't scream like this chick from Paranormal Activity 2, but might have had he not known we were doing Insanity upstairs. See below for the whole scene, and imagine Brian in her place ;)

So we are retiring our Insanity DVDs after, perhaps, the shortest attempt at Insanity ever. I am honestly bummed out because I was excited to push myself and try to (finally) get in shape. Time to come up with a Plan B.

Until then, because we aren't officially working out yet, I'll enjoy a drink or two tonight.

After all, tomorrow is another day ;)

(And if you wonder why I always fail at diets, you can see the blame lies squarely on Scarlett O'Hara).






Follow me on Bloglovin' 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)