photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Friday, November 15, 2013

I Got This

Okay. Allow my to toot my own horn for a minute.


I feel like Superwoman.


Just two days ago I feared that with my new job I wouldn't be able to keep up with the house, my husband, & Buster (a.k.a. the neediest dog that ever lived). But today I have finished my self-imposed somewhat-ambitious work quota by 3:30 p.m.!

Without going into too many details (I can't risk this sweet gig), the writing I am doing for unnamed internet company consists of tasks that take the average writer on the project about 10 minutes.

I am not average.

While I'd like to say I am ABOVE average, when it comes to speed that would be a lie. In truth, I am slower than most people at everything I do (especially running). I am a perfectionist, and so what takes the average person 10 minutes would typically take me 20 to 30. And that was my rate... at first.

Over the last couple days, though, I've become a speed-demon and am completing my tasks at an average of 10 1/2 minutes each (and that includes when Buster jumps on me and looks up at me with his sweet eyes just begging to be pet).

BOOM!

I recently made the comment that I have never felt like my life was more in control, but at the beginning of this week I spent a couple days worrying that working & homemaking would cause me to tumble back into anxiety-land. After today, I feel like I kicked anxiety in the face and told it to leave me alone forever - I got this.

What a great note to end the week on.


Follow me on Bloglovin'

1 comment:

I love comments :)