photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Catching Fire

I fell in love with The Hunger Games series on my honeymoon. I brought the first book for a by-the-pool read, and was so engrossed that when I woke up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom (there was a lot of liquid consumed that week haha), I'd sneak a chapter or two before falling back to sleep.

This meant that I finished the first book in a matter of days, and I was DESPERATE to read Catching Fire. Poor Joe had to drive around the island with me looking for a bookstore and, upon finding the book, forked over the cash for a hardcover at full price. There was no waiting for Amazon. I NEEDED to know what happened next, or I was going to go crazy.

Sooooo happy
Also, I may or may not have been drunk during most of the reading of Catching Fire
I finished the second about as quick as the first, but decided that I could be patient and wait until I got home to read Mockingjay.

Anyways, I loved the books so much I became a total fangirl. I was reading and watching all that I could online about the books and the upcoming movies.

When The Hunger Games movie came out, I somehow convinced my department at work to go on opening day as our team offsite of the quarter. I was so pumped that I made headbands and a cake:


But then, during the break between the films, I sorta lost interest. I still loved the books and movie, but I was not a rapid crazy person any longer. I blame it on the 18 MONTHS it took for Catching Fire to come out. I mean, seriously - a gal can only stay excited about something for so long.


When we bought advance tickets for an 8:30 showing of Catching Fire on Thursday (thank goodness our theater does early showings in addition to midnight ones, I'm too old for that haha), Joe could tell I wasn't nearly as excited as I should be. So on Wednesday night he suggested we watch the first movie to get in the mood.

My husband is a smart man.

It totally re-energized me and I was counting down the minutes until 8:30 p.m. the following day. When it was finally time to go, I put on my mockingjay pin and a smile:


The movie was seriously awesome. There were a few gripes I had with the first (though I wouldn't have admitted them at the time, I was too big of a fangirl), but this one was close to perfection. Seriously. Joe loved it too and agreed with me.

I loved the more serious tone and how the movie really showed how awful and dangerous government control is.

And now, of course, I am dying to see Mockingjay. I hope I don't have to wait another 18 months for it! Though, IMDB gives me hope by listing it as having a 2014 opening.

It better. This waiting with bated breath thing stinks ;)



Follow me on Bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)