photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Monday, November 11, 2013

Busy, Busy, Busy

I hate being an erratic blogger, but I can't help it when the Brier sofa-bed is such a popular tourist destination ;)

For the second week in a month, we had a loved one visit. In October it was Stacey (read about her visit here, here, here, & here) and last week it was my youngest brother Brian. Over Thanksgiving, Joe's brother and sister-in-law will be visiting and then the week before Christmas my parents will be here. I'm loving all these visitors!

Since Brian and the rest of my family visited in June (read about their visit here, here, & here), his trip was more about hanging out and less about sightseeing. We did go to Terror Behind the Walls, the Rocky steps, the King of Prussia mall (where I got a great start on Christmas shopping), tried a couple of cheesesteaks, and went out to eat a couple times with our cousin Alex who goes to college nearby, but the rest of the time was pretty much spent just watching Breaking Bad.
Proof we did more than watch TV ;)
Brian is a Breaking Bad newbie and had gotten to the beginning of season 2 which, coincidentally, is where Joe and I were in our re-watch of the series. I love when the stars align like that ;) He liked it, but wasn't obsessed yet. Like everyone else I've ever talked to, it only took a couple of episodes of season 2 before he was absolutely hooked. We blasted through seasons 2 & 3 - and now he's going to start over with my dad. How he could stop mid-show baffles me, but he said it was a great note to leave on and his curiosity will help propel him through seasons 1-3 with my dad. Fair enough.

The week was awesome, and the cherry on top of all that awesomeness is the fact that:

I GOT A JOB!!!

I'm going to be vague because who knows who out in the blogosphere is reading this, but essentially I will be a freelance writer working on a project for a well-known internet company. The job is temporary, but I get to work from home (which Buster loves) and should last at least 3-4 months with the potential for me to be brought on for another project once that's finished. It is an ideal situation.

Unfortunately, because I am going to be writing all day for work, I have a feeling this blog is going to become a bit neglected. Not only am I sure to get a bit tired of typing, but my days are going to become pretty monotonous. Hopefully with more guests and the holidays coming up, I'll come up with things to write about :)


Follow me on Bloglovin' 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)