photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

So are Joe and I Still Doing our Dates or What?

I'm the queen of making grand plans and not following through (especially re: dieting), so it shouldn't surprise me that the date jars I made for Joe have been acquiring dust for the last 6+ weeks.

The original plan was to do one date a week from the jars for the first two years of dental school, which is why I scoured the internet and the dark recesses of my brain for ideas for 104 unique dates. At the time, I felt certain that we could accomplish this feat (much as I do every time I start a diet), so getting exactly 104 dates was critical.

But about 6 weeks ago we started getting really busy with really wonderful things (visitors, Halloween, my new job, etc.) and the official weekly dates stopped.

However, I don't think the dating actually stopped. Looking back, I can't think of a week where we didn't spend quality time together in some way, from going out to dinner when Stacey & Brian visited, to watching Hocus Pocus together on Halloween, to this weekend when we stuffed ourselves full of meat at a Brazilian steakhouse in celebration of my new job.

I'm happy to see that even with how busy dental school is, Joe is making spending time with me a priority. Because of that, I don't need to be a date jar nazi. However, I also don't want to become lax and for this to become a slippery slope.

So Joe and I discussed it, and we are absolutely still going to do the date jar dates - when we don't have other things planned for that week. For example, tomorrow we are going to go see Catching Fire (SQUEAL!) so we are going to postpone our date jar date until next week.

Not only will this prolong the jars (since I honestly don't think I could come up with another date idea even if you put a gun to my head), it will help keep the dates from starting to feel like a chore. Which, they honestly were when we were so busy and still spending time together.

A good compromise I think :)

And for proof we are still dating, here's a pic of us from before our Brazilian steakhouse dinner this weekend:


Follow me on Bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)