photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Friday, December 6, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

Two weeks without a peep, ya'll must have thought I died.

Nope, alive and well. I've just been busy entertaining for Thanksgiving and working. But after going to Catching Fire (again) last night and realizing my last post was after I saw Catching Fire for the first time, I knew I needed to get back to the ole bloggity blog.

Thanksgiving was really fun this year, Joe's brother Eric and sister-in-law Shannon visited for a low-key holiday (my cousin joined us for Thanksgiving dinner since he goes to school in Philly). They were here from Wednesday night through Sunday morning - and it was a BLAST to spend so much time with them.

Before they got here, I decorated our table area to get things festive-looking:

That pumpkin is like 2 months old. I don't want to know what it's insides look like...
I went to Paper Source a week before to check out decoration ideas, and copied the sign from one they had and figured out how to make the felt leaf streamer thingy by myself. Those leaves were super easy, actually, and it forced me to learn how to use my sewing machine :)
After picking them up at the airport Wednesday night, we drank way too much wine and probably earned some time in Purgatory after a few hours of Cards Against Humanity.

Thursday morning (after sleeping off our hangovers until 10 or 11) we had to promptly prep the Turkey - which we allowed Joe to do.


 We planned to let the turkey cook several hours and then to start the sides about an hour before eating time (all our sides were quick ones to prep). But then this happened:


Yup, the oven started smoking and quick thinking was necessary to save us all from smoke inhalation.

We feared for the turkey, but luckily the smoke was just caused by some juices leaking over the roasting pan and burning off on the bottom of the oven. However, this turned out to be divine intervention, because we realized the turkey was done... 2 hours early.

Shannon and I jumped up and started rushing to prep the sides.




We still had fun, though :)

Until the last 5 minutes or so when it all went crazy.


But before we knew it, Joe was cutting the turkey...


And our Thanksgiving spread was ready to be dug into:


It was DELICIOUS


Buster even got a plate - er - bowl ;)


The rest of the weekend was spent shopping, eating, drinking, and earning more Purgatory time with hours and hours of Cards Against Humanity.

It was awesome.


Follow me on Bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)