photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Day 5 of S&K's Philly Adventure

Alas, all good things must come to an end, and Stacey's flight was set to leave around 6 p.m. on Sunday. As our last hurrah, we hit up Philly's Italian Market - the U.S.'s largest working outdoor market.

Just like Reading Terminal Station, I was kicking myself that it took me almost 5 months to check out this Philadelphia gem. As a proud (part) Italian, I love Italian culture and had been wanting to check out the Italian Market ever since we got here... I just hadn't yet. I was planning to wait until my parents visit in December, which in retrospect was a stupid plan. Why miss out any longer than I already had?  Not only is the Italian Market now a MUST for my Christmas shopping plans, but I plan to stop by any time I am in South Philly. It's THAT awesome.

***Side Note*** Fun fact, we talked with a lady from the visitor center and she said that the weekend is the best time to come because it is less busy than the weekdays. This shocked me, as I always assume everything is busier on weekends - especially a place that should attract tourists. So, if you plan to come to Philly and check out the Italian Market - do it on a Saturday or Sunday. ***End of Side Note***

We spent a couple hours exploring the different stores and Stacey bought a lot of goodies to give to her friends and family. Though I had already spent too much over the last few days, I couldn't resist buying some delicious rosemary olive oil, homemade pumpkin raviolis, and fresh basil. I also bought a bone from the butcher for Buster, but that didn't turn out so well...

I didn't get a whole lot of pictures, but here's a few to give you an idea of what it's like:





After the Italian Market, we headed home and watched football and Stacey packed. Heading to the airport came way too quick, but at least we (ahem - STACEY) remembered to get a pic of us before she left. Almost 4 years of friendship and we have ZERO pictures together. Ridic.

Of course the one pic of us has me not only ball cap adorned, but make-up free after I cut onions and cried my face clean. When she comes back THIS SPRING :) :) :) I demand a re-shot ;)


Follow me on Bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)