photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Bowling Date

Last week we finally got out of the apartment for our weekly date! I was getting pretty stir crazy since all of our previous dates have been at home, so I was thrilled when Joe pulled bowling :) Since we hadn't been out to eat since August and Joe had less studying than he expected, we decided to go to a restaurant first and stuffed our faces with barbecue food. MMMMM...

In hindsight, eating a ton of meat swimming in barbecue sauce was probably not a good PRE activity plan; I was SO FULL I felt like I was going to bust my pants open. But, hey, it's not like bowling isn't used to seeing people with giant bellies...
Exhibit A
Exhibit B
I wanted to have some kind of wager, but Joe reminded me that I tend to get too competitive when betting and we should just relax and have fun. I'm glad we didn't bet because it was not my night. I did break 100 on game 2, but that performance was a clear fluke ;) Joe just kept improving.

Scores were as follows:

Game 1: Kate 64, Joe 82

Game 2: Kate 104, Joe 109

Game 3: Kate 80, Joe 120

Game 4: Kate 63, Joe 120*

***Side Note*** Our hour ended RIGHT before Joe's last frame on the last game, so he would have almost certainly scored higher than 120. Also, that is so messed up that the game just shut off - they should let you get a bonus 5 minutes or something if you are that close to the end. Stupid bowling :( ***End of Side Note***

We did have fun though :)

Sadly, I didn't bring my fancy camera to document said fun, and my iPhone was refusing to take non-fuzzy and/or correctly-lit photos, but here's a few anyway:

That bottom pose is our "strike pose." Yes, I actually had a couple strikes and still finished two games in the 60's. That's because I also got my share of gutter balls ;)

Although I didn't play great, it was still a fun night out with the hubby. We are really enjoying these weekly dates, and can't wait for this week's "Cookbook Date." What the heck does that mean? You'll have to stay tuned...


Follow me on Bloglovin'

1 comment:

  1. Just think Katie, if you didn't stop to take pictures Joe might have had time to finish his last frame...GO DODGERS!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :)