photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Odontoblast 2014

Every year the dental school hosts a gala for its students, and last night was this year's event! The venue was incredible! Originally it was supposed to be at a hotel ballroom, but too many people wanted tickets so they moved it to the Penn Museum.

Which I am THRILLED they had to do.

Because instead of some nondescript (albeit fancy, I'm sure) ballroom in the middle of the city, we were at one of the coolest venues I could ever imagine.


As you can see, the lighting made iPhone photos rough. So I didn't take pictures of the venue, itself. Here are some photos off the web to give you an idea of the space:

Here is the main room - it was full of drink and food tables.

Part of the Egypt/mummy section was also used for the DJ, dancing & more bars and food tables.

The more cranberry vodkas I drank from the 3-hour open bar (!!), the more afraid I was that I would knock over a priceless artifact, but all was well :)

The food was also really fun. Amongst other things, they had soft pretzels and mini-cheesesteaks with cheese dip. O.M.G. so delicious.

***Fun Fact*** Most people know that Philly is big on cheesesteaks, but fewer people know that Philadelphians LOVE themselves a good pretzel. There's even a guy who works at Trader Joe's with a pretzel tattooed to his calf. Also, there are no less than FIVE Auntie Anne's pretzel stands at the nearby King of Prussia Mall ***End of Fun Fact***

Though I wore my most practical of dress shoes, my feet of course killed me most of the night. By the time we left I was hobbling to a cab. It didn't help that I am pretty sure I lightly sprained my ankle by slipping on some snow yesterday.

Despite my lingering foot pain, I will be on my feet a lot today preparing for our Superbowl party! I have always wanted to host a Superbowl party, and given that the Broncos are in it this year I knew I HAD to take the opportunity. Unfortunately, there's a really rough anatomy test scheduled for Wednesday. Since Odontoblast was last night, most people in Joe's class can't take time off today too. But we'll have a handful of people over, and more food than we'll know what to do with :)






Follow me on Bloglovin' 

3 comments:

  1. You are more of a Coloradoan than I am. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incurring sprain even though you have worn the most comfortable pair of shoes is a bugger! How did it heal up? Sprains are frequently taken for granted until the pain becomes unbearable for the person. You can visit trusted clinics anytime you feel pain from your sprained foot. Take care!

    Vanessa Adams

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :)