photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Friday, February 7, 2014

Super Bowl Party

Ugh. Just typing "Super Bowl" as the title of this post has re-launched me into depression. As a Broncos fan, Sunday was brutal.

That poor, unsuspecting girl. She has no clue what is ahead. At least she has cute Paparazzi accessories ;)

But I figure it's about time to suck it up and write about the Super Bowl party that Joe and I hosted. After all, at least that brightened an otherwise gloomy day :)

While I couldn't decorate as elaborately as I like to for parties (way too busy), I did manage to set the tone for a day of football:

Lots of food and some homemade football decorations
A second TV which was 5 second ahead and would have been awesome during any nail-biting moments, of which there were none :(
And sugary (& faux-sugary) goodness
I planned to take pics before people got there and things got messy, but I broke my toe while preparing for the party.

That's right, after FIVE long hours of cleaning and cooking I was moving my desk and a heavy paperweight fell on my toe. It hurt more than you would expect (much, much more) and I couldn't really walk the rest of the day. So Joe took pics for me, and kept the food and drinks coming.

The sofa-side service was the highlight of my injury ;)

Heck - it was almost the highlight of the DAY. The game was seriously boring and depressing, and the commercials weren't much better.

But the food was good, the drinks kept coming, and the company was fun. I'm really glad we hosted, and want an excuse to host something again soon :)

Any excuses you all can think of? I'm thinking a season finale watch party for The Walking Dead... I've already started a Pinterest board for it ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)