photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Monday, May 12, 2014

Bye Bye Scale

Oh what a tease I am. I mention in my last post that I am a few days away from my monthly weigh-in, and then I don't bother to blog until a week after said weigh-in day. I am sure you are all dying from the anticipation ;)

Well, I hate to burst your bubble, but I only lost 0.6 pounds.

Yup. You read that right. After a MONTH of busting my butt in the gym and being very careful with food and alcohol (I honestly don't think I have ever worked so hard to lose weight in my life), I didn't even lose a whole pound.

I was livid.

Until my trainer measured me.

Then I found out I lost a TONNNNNN of inches. FIFTEEN to be exact. Here's the breakdown:


Not too shabby for four weeks :)

The measurements helped calm me down A LOT, but I can't stop thinking about the scale. My pride at getting such amazing results is constantly tempered because every time I think about the inches lost or put on an article of clothing that is looser, my brain snaps me back to that moment when I stepped on the scale and it read 195. How unfair is that when I worked so hard and EARNED the right to be proud of myself?

So I'm done. I don't care what the scale says anymore. I want to lose weight because I want to look better and I want to get stronger. People don't see my weight tattooed to my forehead when I walk down the street, they see what I physically look like. And I am kicking butt in the gym, getting stronger every single time I train.

I'm sure I'll eventually weigh myself again, but for now I don't want anything to do with the scale.

Instead, I'll just keep flexing in the mirror (my new favorite pastime) and reminding myself of this:

Source: http://bodyconsciousnessblog.com


1 comment:

  1. Muscle is a lot more dense than fat (as shown in the picture you used)... the fat and the muscle in that image are the same exact weight. That's why measurements are much more reliable than just hopping on a scale. Keep up the hard work!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :)