photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Our Cruise is Booked!

I am so excited to announce that Joe and I have (finally) booked our cruise for this June! We will be traveling from New Jersey (oh so convenient!) to beautiful Bermuda!


Okay. So if you are a weirdo like me, you probably read Bermuda and couldn't help but think of the Bermuda Triangle.

I found this when looking up pictures of Bermuda. That is absolutely terrifying.
This image may will haunt my dreams until June.

I have been petrified of the Bermuda Triangle since I was a child and went on some ride at Sea World that had a Bermuda Triangle theme. I swore I would never fly or boat anywhere near there. But, here I am: voluntarily boating to the actual island.

I must be growing up ;)

***Side Note*** Either that, or I liked the convenience of sailing out of New Jersey and the cheaper fare this specific cruise had compared to others. ***End of Side Note***

Joe and I have never been out of the country together (shoot! I need a new passport...) and he has never been on a cruise before, so this is going to be great :)

If you recall from the point system I started last month, I will reward myself if when I reach 3000 points, and that reward will be a shopping spree for clothes for the cruise. The cruise we booked is two weeks later than we initially expected, and I will certainly be needing every single one of those days to make up for some bad choices lately.

Ever since the last wave of snows started (almost 3 weeks ago), I haven't set foot in the gym. The thought of driving (let alone walking) in the weather we have had lately was seriously unappealing. Then there was the dental school formal where I ate and drank too much and the Super Bowl party where I ate and drank too much. I fully intended on getting back to the gym this week, but my broken toe from last Sunday has made that impossible.

***Side Note*** I have no idea if it actually broke, but it hurt like a mother and I couldn't do much more than hobble around for a week. It's feeling much better now, but it's still not 100% ***End of Side Note***

I plan to try Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred tomorrow as a test with my toe. If I can make it through, then I'm going to try to do the Shred most days and run at the gym 3-4 days a week. Lofty goals, but I need to make up points and lose some weight.

I only have 132 days until the cruise, and that means I'll need to average 17 points a day to hit my goal. Since I want to have time to shop for the clothes, I probably need to average something more like 19 a day. It's definitely do-able; I've averaged 18 points a day since starting (and that includes 3 weeks of no exercise), but it really doesn't allow me to lose focus.

And I don't want to just earn these points through great oral hygiene and keeping the house clean (some of my non-exercise / non-food-related ways to earn points). While these things are important and the point system is designed to help me improve in lots of areas, I need to lose weight. I am currently obese (according to the stupid BMI chart which doesn't account for how incredibly dense I am). This is not a label I want. I certainly don't want it when Joe and I decide to start our family, since obesity can increase the chance of miscarriage and fertility issues.

Speaking of starting a family... I'm going to share a juicy tidbit ;)

Joe and I have picked a month. An official "pull the goalie" month.

Now, before you get too excited - this doesn't necessarily mean that this month is in 2014 (heck, the specific month could be January 2042). And it CERTAINLY won't be before the cruise since we are getting the unlimited booze package (pricey, but worth it haha).

There are lots of things we plan to do and a certain place Joe needs to be in school before that month. We also understand that we aren't in control of everything and situations can change (especially concerning distant plans). But for an obsessive planner like me, I feel so at peace with an actual timeline in my head.

And, no, we're not telling you what that timeline is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)