photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Thursday, November 29, 2012

And So I Begin...

When I was in school, I always struggled when it came to writing the first paragraph of an essay. Starting a blog, I've come to find, is a million times harder.

So, instead of trying to be clever and launching with some wildly entertaining entry, I'll just jump in and see what happens.

Here I go...

I originally decided to write a blog because I am anxious about what life as the spouse of a dental school student will be like. (Anxiety, as you will find, is a running theme with me.) Whenever I am afraid of something I hop on Google and do my research - even though this typically backfires and makes me MORE anxious (thank you WebMD).

Anywhoo - hoping to get an idea of what to expect, I decided to Google, "Dental School Wife Blog." I pressed the search button, took a deep breath, and waited for blog after blog to appear and give me some kind of realistic expectations for the next four years.

So what did I find? Nada.

"Ridiculous," you say. "Everyone and their mom has a blog nowadays - look again!" Well, I did, and apparently dental school wives don't.

I'm sure I'm not the first or last gal who wants to find a soul sister going through this same ordeal adventure, so I might as well start a blog that chronicles my journey.

Plus, when school starts I'm going to be very lonely - at least at the beginning. This is a certainty. So a blog will keep me busy. As far as hobbies go, it's as cheap as you can get. And cheapness frugality, is a quality appreciated by my husband.

I feel silly already talking about my "blogging hobby" in my first post. After all, as a kid I'd buy diary after diary and write one or two entries before getting bored with it and giving up (until the next fancy-looking diary caught my eye at Target). That said, I am a grown-up married lady - it's pretty pathetic if my attention span now isn't better than when I was eight.

I guess we'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)