photo first_zps9654522d.png photo second_zps4e737fb4.png photo third_zps892025ce.png photo fourth_zps267db957.png photo fifth_zps85782ec2.png photo sixth_zpsf1979907.png

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Tour De Franzia

One of the best parts about Joe being in dental school is that I feel like I have a second chance at college.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVED my college experience (go Zags!), but I was so obsessed with grades that I didn't have as much fun as I should have had. I actually remember phone calls from my dad telling me to stop studying and to go have fun (I know, how pathetic can I be?!). But, alas, I am a perfectionist and I needed to do the best I possibly could. I have the degree (and graduated magna cum laude!) to show for it, but I do NOT have a ton of crazy memories.

So now that I have a second shot, I best not waste it ;)

The first step to enjoying my second shot at college was for Joe to join a dental frat.

Check.

Now I am just trying to soak up any other fun opportunity (you know, before we start baby-making).

This Friday, we went to a really fun party called "Tour de Franzia" where the goal was to have teams of 3-4 drink a 5 liter box of wine the fastest.

Joe, smartly, recruited a Russian couple that we are friends with for our team and I set about designing t-shirts. I was sure my mad wine drinking skills would propel our team to victory but then I drank too much over Thanksgiving, thought I was getting sick, and feared I would cost our team the win.

Being the hard-core competitor I am, I graciously backed out and they recruited another person from Joe's class (also Russian).

I still designed the t-shirts (we were team USSR because Team Russia was already taken and our other teammates, obviously, wanted to have our team somehow related to Russia):


***Side Note*** Joe mentioned his grandpa probably turned in his grave watching me paint hammers and sickles on t-shirts ;) Mine probably did too. ***End of Side Note***

And, instead, I was just a cheerleader for Team USSR:


I figured this whole thing would take a while - I mean, 5 liters is a lot of wine - but Team USSR finished all 5 liters in about 10 minutes! Unfortunately, Team Jamaica finished in about 9 minutes and 50 seconds :( But, given that we had costumes and they didn't, it was pretty much agreed that it was a tie.


Poor Team USSR felt very sick for quite a while, while their cheerleader (me!) sucked down vodka cranberries.

Gotta love college part deux.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)